Register your interest in becoming a Local Heroes market trader!
We believe in the role of hyper local, well-curated food and drink markets as valuable community assets.
We have a vision for the role of food markets and it’s a way more important and strategic than we possibly let on – work that has taken us around the country and overseas, looking at best practice and the role these markets play in local communities as we look to develop more robust and all encompassing food and drink strategies for our towns and cities that look at the challenges of food poverty, food waste, climate change, green logistics, business resilience and the future make-up of our high streets.
More than just an event or happening, loved and looked after markets should;
- Make local food accessible
- Support and incubate emerging food businesses
- Present opportunities in an environment where traditional, high overhead, ‘bricks ‘n’ mortar’ trade is changing forever
- Promote collaboration amongst business and circular economy
- Create a sense of place and civic pride
- Allows us to tell stories, take ownership of local narrative and better understand our rich North East heritage and culture
- Act as a barometer for the High Street and help inform future city strategy
No haybails, no gimmicks. Just super-ordinary and mindful markets evolving as indispensable community assets.
If you believe in the same things that we do, and want to be a part of our Local Heroes traders community, please fill in the registration form below.