Supporting Food and Drink Businesses North of the Tyne
Since our launch in February 2020 Food and Drink North East (FADNE) have lobbied hard for sector-focussed, specialist support.
So we are delighted to announce that we are now in a position to provide up to 12 hours of fully-funded one-to-one specialist support (to eligible businesses) from our team of experts which, collectively, has sector-based experience in areas such as supply chain, operations, technical, product development, marketing, communications, commercial and retail.
Our partners Advance Northumberland are providing the funding for two programs designed to assist with Covid-19 recovery and post-lockdown growth planning.
Rural Business Growth Service (open until 2023)
The project will deliver three complementary activities, working together:
- A locally accessible, business support and advice service, to primarily support the development of business growth plans or Covid-19 resilience planning
- The service will provide a single point of contact, access to one-to-one mentoring and support via a network of sector specialist advisors
- A series of specialist workshops and networking events to help the food and drink businesses plan for growth
- A capital grants programme to eligible SMEs for investment in growth projects to increase productive capacity or support market diversification which will create new full time equivalent (FTE) jobs.
- A micro, small or medium enterprise
- Located in the rural area of the North of Tyne (as defined by the Rural Urban Classification – an interactive map checker will form part of the registration)
- Urban and large business based in Northumberland
- Due to Covid-19, we can support rural businesses who have been trading less than a year.
Capital Grant Scheme (40% project cost)
- Must create at least one new FTE job
- Must operate within one of the target sectors important to the rural economy:
- Food and drink production and manufacturing (excluding primary agriculture)
- Knowledge intensive businesses
- Culture, creative and tourism (excluding retail and accommodation)
- Energy products and services
- Environmental products and services.
Get in touch
Food and Drink North East
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
T: 0739 4522 991
Food and Drink North East is a community interest company (CIC). We aim to build a vibrant and engaged community that champions positive trade, promotes a sustainable circular economy and acts as a collective and inclusive voice for the region’s food and drink sector. Focussed on four strategic areas, our objective is to grow the sector’s contribution to the regional economy to 10% gross added value (GVA) by 2025.
Let’s get social
Follow us on social platforms or tag us in all #northeast #foodanddrink related posts.